Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Lexi's Upcoming Birthday


I guess its true what they say, once you get started, you just can't stop. I have another recent addiction, (thanks again to my sister-in-law Adrienne) and it is digital scrapbooking. Today, I spent a great part of my day working on my baby Lexi's invitation to her first birthday party. It really should not take over 4 hours to complete an invitation; however, I am still new at it and I will continue to use that excuse until I get faster or become less anal, whichever comes first. Joe was initially a little cross with me when he came home and the house was a total disaster. I am not talking about a simple little mess, it actually looked like a nuclear bomb had gone off throughout the entire house, so I can sort of understand his point. But I didn't have time to clean the house because I was busy making precious memories for our baby's scrapbook. Its not like I can just type something out and email it like he suggested, or call everyone and invite them over like I did with my two older kids. These things take time. Invites need to be created digitally with complicated software and then taken to Sams Club to be developed. HE-LLO! Joe quickly became appreciative of my efforts when I explained that I actually created it myself and that I didn't just cut and paste our baby's pictures in a template. He was so appreciative in fact that when I emerged from my office, I found a very clean house. THANK YOU SO MUCH BABE! So, to show the fruits of my labor, I am posting this very cute, very time consuming invitation.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so beautiful. You did such a great job!!! :o) I need to learn how to do that. Next time your here or I am there you need to sit me down and show me how to do that. I can't belive that little Lexi is going to be 1!!~ It's fun and sad at the same time how fast time goes by. I hope she still likes the little present we got her, and you will have to give her hugs and kisses from Grant, Addi and Me!!!~ And while your at it give some of those hugs and kisses to Taylor and Emma:o). Grant and I were just taking about how much we miss your family and that if feels like we never get to see you guys. We really enjoyed when you were here last time and stayed w/ us. I just wanted to let you know that you are always welcome to stay w/ us when ever you need. Well I just wanted to tell you agian your masterpiece is beautiful!!! Wish I could be there :o(.

The Blanchard Family said...

You did such a good job on Lexi's invite! I am glad you got it all worked out in time! That little Lexi is so darling and it is impossible to believe that she is about to turn 1! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEXI!!!!

Chris said...

Those turned out darling!! Learn how to do it so you can teach me!!

Shelly Elizondo said...

I love your invite! I love your blog! Welcome to blogger world. Did you make your invitation in Photoshop? I really want to learn but the person that said they would help me is about to have a baby. You might have to give me some pointers.
Shelly

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to tell Lexi....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope you have a great day!! ;)

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday Lou Lou Aunt Steph loves you tons. Good job on the invite Ang it's darling.

The Blanchard Family said...

I hope Lexi Lou had a great b-day and that you all had fun celebrating! I just wanted to let you know that I put the Oceanide pix CD in your mom's glove box! Also, have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Adrienne said...

Hey! I'm finally able to check the blog and it's way cute. The invite turned out cute too...you are getting the hang of all this! Good work.