Friday, February 27, 2009

Scary Hairy


Before you jump to conclusions about what this is, let me explain. My good friend Chris Russells husband John loves to grow what I call a mountain man beard. He grows this big bushy red, thick and coarse beard that is quite the sensation. He grows this monstrosity every year and every year I give him crap because, well, I hate it. He is such a handsome man that I can't stand it when he grows a beard. I think beards are ugly, sorry mountain men everywhere, but I hate them!! So, every time I see John I make a complete fool of myself by asking him, "When are you going to shave that thing", or "That is so ugly, shave it off". Basically, I could not shut up about the stupid thing. So on the day of our Super Bowl party, his father-in-law Mike Carter shows up with an unexpected present for me. Lo' and behold, John had shaved his beard and had saved it for me. I immediately had to call him to tell him how much I loved his little "present". He originally intended mailing it to me but wondered what I might make of it if an explanation had not been provided. (It might have been mistaken for something else):) So then we spoke about what I should do with this glorious hair. He suggested I could use it as a scrub brush for my dishes or perhaps for scrubbing the ring around my tub. He is so great, always full of helpful ideas. If anyone knows John, they know he is a prankster (so is Chris by the way). So, good job John, you got me. Now, I will finally throw it in the garbage, I have loved it for long enough.

1 comment:

Chris said...

You are crazy!! I can't beleive you posted that!!! I went to check your blog and see that bag of hair there and screamed...thought it was comin' back to haunt me!! He just had to give ya a little sh*# back! We love ya and new you'd be a good sport about it!! I was just glad to get it out of my cupboard!! And that wasn't even half of what he shaved off...seriously, it's just a battle I choose not to pick!! ♥ ya!! Thanks for makin' me laugh tofay...I needed it!!